What to Know About Joomla 3.9
A few days a go, the Joomla 3.9 Privacy Suite was released. GDPR went into effect a few months ago. The Joomla team responded developing:
- An easier way to get user consent for recording their data
- The ability to manage user data requests through a new component
- The ability for extension developers to report data collection via a new API
In addition to the privacy suite, Joomla 3.9 includes other features such as:
- User Actions Log which was crated by the Google Summer of Code Project
- Article Notes have been enhanced. if you've used the notes feature and versioning, you will find this helpful where you can view your notes in the version history screen
- Enhanced content search which uses a Google-style search to well - search the text of your articles
- Add an module using a module ID, said differently, means if you have multiple modules with the same name, you can use the module ID to get the exact one you want to display
- Custom Field Enhanced List Field Type - Repeatable.This makes it possible to create a mini-form.This only applies to five (5) field types: editor, media, number, text, and text area.
- Defining alternative layouts for custom fields using the Joomla override functionality to protect the core
- Google's Invisible reCAPTCHA for Joomla core.You will see a new plugin for invisible, and it works with the latest V3 released October 2018.For more info in invisible Recaptcha check out: https://g.co/recaptch/v3
- An update to the Newsflash module now allows selection of the full article image to display
- An update to the Latest Articles module which now allows articles by Author
To download Joomla 3.9 and learn more about these feature, check out the Joomla 3.9 Landing Page.